August 8, 2010

challenge wk1


well it's the end of the first week. the challenge was to change three workouts. i intended to change when i worked out and to use the wii instead of cardio programs. i accomplished the goal, but not entirely by choice...

monday, i walked before bed instead of first thing in the morning as intended. however, i almost didn't get a walk at all. i woke up feeling horrible. i still have no idea what was wrong, but standing made me dizzy so i spent most of the day lying in bed. because i hate being sick (especially when i can't identify what it is exactly), i mustered up the energy to get on the treadmill. i walked almost five miles, and then decided to reward myself with a hot bath. bad idea. feeling off + not eating after walking + hot bath = me nearly passing out slash almost throwing up. that was awesome

tuesday, i willed myself to work and was mostly fine until the afternoon. i did stick it out, and had every intention of willing myself to do a wii workout when i got home. except i came home to a note (from someone, written on a used envelope - totally professional) stating i couldn't use my bathroom for the next 30 hours. ummm what the fuck?! we do have an extra shower, but i was really not in the mood to lug all my shit upstairs to use it. so i skipped tuesday and wednesday altogether

thursday, i decided i was going to work from home on friday so i pushed off my evening cardio. friday... like the crazy person that i am, i walked over four miles and then played with the wii for 90 minutes. while i felt accomplished, i also felt all sorts of muscle pain. it's been a million years since i've played sword fighting and i forgot how into it i get. plus i think my back muscles haven't been getting enough attention. so on saturday, i was very very sore. though, i still did my training walk about midday. and i'm on the treadmill as i write this, putting in my evening walk.

going in to this week, i think i'm going to start splitting my weekend walks. it's too hard trying to log 10+ miles at once, but i can handle two sets of five - one morning, one evening. as for the wii? i think i'm going to nix the wii sports as a cardio workout. it always puts too much strain on my shoulders and upper arms. i am going to try to do a wii active workout though since that's a but more whole body. as for the muscle pain, i remembered today that i got a new massager. it's heated and was perfect for my back. i think i'm going to use it after every training :)

this week's challenge: for five meals, substitute vegetables for grains and starches. i'm already thinking about making stuffed peppers for dinner; we'll see how that goes :) i need to go to the grocery store anyway so i can get a bunch of stuff for the week. time to get creative in the kitchen (not my strong point heh)

how have y'all been this last week?

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. Mixing it up in the kitchen is not my strong point either. If I don't make the effort I end up eating chicken and broccoli every night of the week. Stuffed peppers sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog through 20 Something Bloggers and am following now because a) I did the 60 mile breast cancer walk last year and it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life!!, and b) I'm totally interested in other people's workout regimes, as I need more inspiration for my own. I am currently doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and it's freaking TOUGH but it's pretty great. Definitely a good workout in 30 minutes, and in your own living room!

    Glad I found you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sarah: i KNOW; i'm terribly about getting variety. i would eat kraft mac and cheese every day if i could... i guess that's who i ended up so heavy in the first place lol

    @claire: welcome to the blog! i'm starting to get nervous about the 3day, but i'm still looking forward to participating. i'm always amazed that anyone can get through a jillian workout. she's so intense! good for you :)

    ReplyDelete