August 12, 2010

2.6 up

seems like the last few weeks finally caught up to me yesterday. knew it was coming, just didn't realize how bad it would be. *shrug* on to the next week. i'm trying to do this week's change it up challenge, but it's soooo hard. i hate veggies, i'm not creative and i'm kinda lazy. monday, i scoured through various weight watchers recipes for stuff a) i would eat and b) i could make. i decided to try their stuffed peppers and greek salad, both of which i modified. instead of using tempeh in the peppers, i used beef. totally not the same thing, but whatever. this girl needs her meats. i bought so much shit at whole foods that night, most of which was to be consumed between two days (cue grumbling from my debit card). monday, i chopped and prepped everything. tuesday, i cooked the peppers. wednesday, i actually ate a pepper (and greek salad). the pepper wasn't half bad. i was a bit concerned that the stuffing would be overcooked (ground beef at 400 degrees for 30 minutes? eep), but it turned out pretty ok. even though i enjoyed the pepper, i enjoyed the extra stuffing wrapped in a tortilla that i devoured on tuesday more. i might whip up some more for taco salads tomorrow (with lettuce, not tortilla chips). the greek salad? not my favorite... actually, i kinda hate it. it looks and smells really good, but it's so not what i want to eat. i'm having another one for lunch as i write this. feta may officially be my least favorite cheese :-/ ....scratch that. tossed the last remains of the salad. i just couldn't do it; my insides are unhappy... i'm going to finally upload pictures this weekend. i'll show you some of the yummy things i've been eating (and the salad), possibly with recipes

and then there was this week's complaint. something i didn't expect and do not like: i can feel my bones. while i'm happy to be losing my love handles, i did not realize how much all over cushioning i would lose. i know this is supposed to be a good thing, but i absolutely can't stand it anymore. i tend to sit in two positions: indian style or on my feet. if i sit the way i want with my feet under my butt, the bone presses against the bones in my feet. it's becoming more and more uncomfortable so i'm fidgety. also i can't put my elbows on my thighs anymore (you know so i can cup my head in my hands all cute like) because it fucking hurts. it reminds me of when my little sister would use me to get off the couch. she'd always jab her bony elbows into my thigh to push herself up. dunno why; she was a very weird/annoying kid. while losing weight and getting healthy are great, i did not sign up for bone on bone action. i wish there were a way to move my belly fat (which is being beyond obstinate) to other areas sans surgery. i need my padding :(

my life is hard. i know :p what are you lamenting this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment