February 28, 2011

week9 #WWW

Life's Journey with a Smile

this week's questions:
  1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
  2. Today's the last day of the month - how do you feel you've done in February?
  3. What is your go-to favourite meal to cook? Share the recipe if possible!
  4. Share a quote or saying that is inspiring you today.
  5. Fun Question of the Week: What's your make-up routine? Wear any? Lots? Do you have a must-have?
question 1: i cheated. there, i said it. i was supposed to workout twice last week, but instead i lumped it into one 90minute walk yesterday. i crossed the goal off on my list anyway cause technically i hit my time goal. i know i'm only cheating myself, but i just didn't have the energy. my back still hurt on wed so i gave myself the morning off. then i just didn't have any motivation until sunday. le sigh. this week i'll do better. 3x a week goal is in effect. eek! i did have the motivation to cook though, even after a brunch in baltimore and a meeting on campus. i made breakfast for the week and a dessert :) i'm a little bummed though. half my breakfast was a bummer monday because i heated it up and added a little milk. didn't realize the milk had gone bad so everything was soaked in gross. at least the little frittatas were yummy. recipes are coming. swearsies! fruits and veggies were a small struggle, but i got them in. this week goes up to the five a day. hold me ;)

question 2: i am over the shortness of feb. whoever designed the calendar must've been drunk :p buuuuuut ON TO SPRING. i miss my bare thighs lol. flip flops and dress weather are coming :D oh, and my birthday is a little over a month away *squee*

question 3: kraft mac and cheese. or baked salmon with couscous. or spaghetti. i like stuff that's easy peasy. i've been expanding my cooking repertoire, but i still prefer the basics

question 4: nothing in particular inspiring me today so i'll just share a quote from one of my favorite icons, ms. marilyn monroe "imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." i am thoroughly ridiculous

question 5: no makeup for me. i don't have the patience to put it on or take it off :p

via peppermint park
{might as well post a photo of my secret lovah. full figured, unashamed and gorgeous}

my progress plus all the weekly questions on skinny (goals 1-4) and desultory (goals 5-10)

2 comments:

  1. You're doing so great, M! :) And you're right, Marilyn was so gorgeous...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i'm gonna start identifying new goals to tackle once this challenge is over :)

    if i'm going to aspire to a certain standard of beauty, i prefer the monroe, loren and taylor types. old school glamor ftw

    ReplyDelete