February 14, 2011

week7 #WWW

Life's Journey with a Smile

this week's questions:
  1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
  2. What goal are you doing best on?
  3. What goal do you have to push yourself a little more to complete? What is your plan to do so?
  4. We’ve talked about who pushes us to do better with our goals – is there anyone/thing that hinders you?
  5. Fun Question of the Week: Happy Valentine’s Day! Do you have any special plans for the day? It’s okay if you think it’s a Hallmark holiday that you wish to boycott!
question 1: what a joke last week; i'm so frustrated with myself. the only goals i managed to meet were trying new recipes and eating three servings of fruit/veg every day. i only worked out once, and i gained last week. which means, i won't hit goal this week (unless by some miracle i lose 4.2 pounds by 630pm on wednesday). it hurts insanely to be so close yet so far from where i want to be. i don't want to spend the next few months fighting the same pounds over and over. it's just too hard to stay focused when everything makes me angry

question 2: oddly, getting in my fruit and veggie servings. every week, i decide on my meals for the following week, including what recipe(s) i'll make. if the recipes don't have a veggie, i make sure to pick up something at the store. now that i'm up to three (well four, starting today) servings per day, i've tacked on a fruit with breakfast. since all my favorites are out of season, i've been getting frozen and canned stuffs. adding another serving seems like a daunting task at first, but i always manage to find a way to work it in. now if only i could get my water intake to be as consistent...

question 3: working out. i've already scheduled the time. i already have all the workouts. i just need to effing do them. i didn't even want to walk, which would've allowed me to read blogs and get some activity at the same time. instead, i couldn't be bothered with the treadmill. this weekend will be a small challenge since J is coming down, but i know i need to stick to the schedule as much as possible. i'm the only one stopping myself from doing what i know needs to be done

question 4: i am my biggest obstacle. it's so easy to talk myself out of something and let discouragement get the best of me. last week was so trying, and i felt so defeated. all of it is my own doing so i need to just snap out of it

question 5: i don't really care about valentine's day itself. it's my friends birthday, which is far more important to me. J and i'll be celebrating over the weekend, and i do have a surprise for him. but i don't make a huge deal, and i haven't "boycotted" in years

via we heart it
{things i'm trying to remember this week}

my progress plus all the weekly questions on skinny (goals 1-4) and desultory (goals 5-10)

6 comments:

  1. I struggle with getting fruits and veggies (as well as water) into my daily menu, although I think I'm getting better. You are doing great, Michelle!! You are | | this close of reaching your goal and that's AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last week was the pits for lots of us. Hopefully this week will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. double thanks :) let's hope this close becomes thisclose soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're definitely doing ten times better than me on the fruits and veggies front - I don't even count how many servings a day I get. ;)

    But, keep your chin up. Honestly, we all have those weeks where we go, 'Eff this shit, I'm done'. Or, yesterday for example - I have this elaborate plan I JUST drew up for our workout schedule, and what did we do but sit on our ass? So you're not alone. Motivation for exercise is seriously lacking. Lol. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks, ash. i def decided that today i was climbing back on to the wagon. even if not all of me is committed at the moment :)

    planning is half the battle, but doing seems twice as hard. good luck to you on your motivation, too!

    ReplyDelete