January 24, 2011

week4 #WWW

Life's Journey with a Smile

this week's questions:
  1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
  2. How are you feeling about the goals you set for yourself? Overwhelmed? Too easy? Just right?
  3. Do you prefer to exercise inside or outside?
  4. Are you a self-starter or do you need a little push?
  5. Fun Question of the Week: Why did you decide to start a blog?
question 1: since i didn't work out in week2, i worked out twice in week3. i've been getting my veggies in still (yay broccoli and green beans!). i added two more recipes to my repertoire. unfortunately, i gained last week. disappointing, but i'm still using it to fuel my motivation for this week

question 2: these goals are manageable; i just need to do them. it's my non-weight goals that i'm struggling with. who would've thought that would happen? i guess i'm more determined to work on my health than anything else right now. how funny to think about how my level of commitment has changed in the last two years...

question 3: inside. i'm a wuss and don't need the extra weather related excuses. i like going to the gym (especially when i have a buddy) or bustin some moves at home. i hate being outside in the elements unless i'm walking to the bar. oh how i miss undergrad. speed walking five blocks to the bar... meandering home after last call

question 4: i tend to need a little push, but some days i need a BIG push. i know i'm more likely to work out if i make it the first thing i do after waking up or getting home. no checking my phone for tweets/emails. no checking the mail for bills or my victoria's secret catalog. no seeing what craziness the tivo has suggested we might like. put on your workout clothes. grab a glass of water. pop in a disc. MOVE MOVE MOVE... yea i kinda have to drill sergeant myself some days. i wish there were an elf who lived in my pocket and would remind me of all the healthy things i should do. "morning walks good. cupcakes for lunch bad." cause my internal elf isn't always reliable ;)

question 5: i started this blog because i thought i was boring/annoying my friends with constant "i lost a pound" updates. this blog became a record of my progress, complaints and self perception. though it's hard to say if i'll keep blogging here once i hit lifetime and all that jazz. i blog all over so this specific one may not be necessary at that point

{from just october 2010 to january 2011. difference of 6.8 lbs. look at that progress... poor shrinking boobies}

my progress plus all the weekly questions on skinny (goals 1-4) and desultory (goals 5-10)

8 comments:

  1. You look great! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing!!! I would have guessed more weight than 6.8 pounds. My boobs shrink like crazy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *blush* thanks!

    @amy: seriously! i keep thinking the same thing lol. i wish i could see a breakdown of my weight cause i may be putting on more muscle than i first thought. i kinda miss my boobs though; never thought i'd say that hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm a new reader:) You look awesome!! I can't believe that's only a 6.8 weight loss! I have the same boob shrinking problem... can't the fat drop from my thighs instead? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, kayla! welcome to the blog :D lol i wish i could have all the weight come off my belly/booty. that would be sooo helpful ;)

    ReplyDelete