January 19, 2011

1.6 up

wah wah waaaaah setbacks. after a few hours letting that settle in, i've decide i'm not going to let it deter me. i have 5.2 pounds to kick to the curb. there is no time for wallowing. instead, i'm going to start thinking about my new skinny wardrobe. i have so few clothes that fit me properly these days. however, i don't want to just walk in to a store and pull things at random. i need a game plan (and a budget). i'm not terribly worried about clothes for my current job, but i won't be working here forever. i have internships and interviews to think about. i'll need business casual (leaning more towards the business end) that is also appropriate around children. i have big boobs so business shirts have not always been my friend. i need to avoid that going forward. whether that means i become besties with a seamstress or i start wearing sweater vests has yet to be decided :)

stores i love: old navy, banana republic
stores i kinda like: the limited, express
stores i'm willing to try: ny&company, ann taylor, jones new york

i'm definitely seeing an outlet shopping trip in my future for some of these. however, i'm just a wee bit nervous about... dressing rooms. i know i'm all yay me, but i haven't faced a dressing room mirror since november. i have actively been avoiding mirrors at home to break my obsessive habit of staring at myself. i still love me, but i'm still aware of those "trouble spots". part of me is glad that i'm not doing a major wardrobe overhaul until after i reach lifetime. it gives me a couple months to mentally prepare myself for facing my dressing room fears... i should probably also note, it's not a fear entirely based on the negative aspects of clothes shopping. i'm also a little afraid that i won't recognize the girl looking back and be too afraid to trust the change. i repeat: i still love me, but that love has not fully eclipsed the fear. it always takes awhile for my brain to catch up to the rest of me

i am quite excited about spending money. i told neal i'm addicted to saving, but really that addiction feeds my addiction to spend without the stress of credit card interest (curse you store credit cards with your variable interest rates!). so it's going to be a little fun. and you know i'll totally be doing a lot of on and offline window shopping ;)

5 comments:

  1. I really like NY & Company. They have clothes of all sizes, aren't too expensive, and the sales people have been really helpful everytime I've gone in there. Definitely not your Charlotte Ruse "skinny bitch" store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't let it get your down! Thinking about skinnier clothes will definitley motivate you. I love clothes and shopping and outlet malls.. Think I may need to hit up an outlet mall too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have nothing to worry about. The amount you're up is probably due to water retention. Been eating a lot of sodium, maybe? I'm sure it'll disappear in NO TIME FLAT!! :)

    Good luck w/ the shopping spree! I was able to go on a shopping spree IN MY CLOSET recently. It was out with the old (purged "fat" clothes) and in with the old ("skinny clothe"), I say! Loved pulling out jeans & other outfits from the skinnier Heather of 5 years ago. And surprisingly, they're still in style since I don't go along with the "fads"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @shannon: yea, it's all about focusing on the positives. must remember that :)

    @heather: i actually don't eat much sodium. haven't since high school. i think it was those damned cookies. i may have miscalculated how much i ate :p getting in my old clothes was definitely awesome... last year lol. i wish i still had clothes left that fit. today, i'm feeling frugal :)

    ReplyDelete