June 1, 2010

come and gone

my motivation... as usual, i had high expectations for this weekend. eating right, working out and doing homework. yup; totally on it... homework was a definite bust. i only read about 10 pages of the eight chapters i was planning to do. that seems like a ton, but i had three days with little to do. working out went ok. i went out saturday and sunday so there was a bit of walking, and i did almost four miles on the treadmill yesterday. i was going to walk this morning, but i was a wee bit tired. i decided to stay up til 130 playing some silly online puzzle game. oops... eating went better than i could've imagined. the last few cook outs with my family have been less than stellar. i always eat a million more points than i intend to (damn utz potato chips), and can never make up the deficit. i didn't have a full fledged eating plan, which actually worked better for me than my usual mapped out four day guide to not shoving copious amounts of junk in my face (yep, that's the whole name of the plan :p).

saturday, i had drinks with jess for her birthday at lucky bar. i decided ahead of time what i wanted (beers and chicken tenders) so i knew how many weekly points i would use. i put down for two beers, chicken tenders and a handful of fries because when there are beers, i always want something fried in my belly. i ended up only having one beer and three waters the entire time i was out. that's what happens when i actually engage in conversation instead of being the creepy quiet kid listening in. i ate all my daily points, and only needed one of my weekly... sunday, N and i went to see sex and the city 2, which means dinner out and drinks at the theater. again, i gave myself a few from the weekly to cover the dinner and drinks. turns out, i almost didn't need those extra points for dinner. if i hadn't ordered dessert, i would have been exactly on my daily target. that includes eating my entire appetizer and entree with two martinis on the side. N and i split a chocolate souffle, which helped keep my points down for the evening... and yesterday, i actually found the motivation to walk. i've been really lax about my komen training the last few weeks. since my new walking shoes and sweat wicking socks came in last week, i figured it was time to start breaking them in. so i hopped on the treadmill with my laptop (not easy since there's no lip on the console), and walked. i was able to read a good chunk of my fave blogs while walking for two hours. unfortunately, the treadmill seems to cut you off after two hours so i ended up with 3.91 miles total. i need to ramp up the speed a bit next time i think. further upside, that two hours earned me an extra four points. so i gave myself 34 points to eat the rest of the day. seems like a shit ton, but my mom always makes too much food, which i am all too happy to eat. funny thing how i almost didn't need all those extras. i could've stopped eating at any point, been full and close to my daily target. i ate all my favorite foods, including those devil chips, and only ate an extra three over what i was allowing myself. i still have nine weekly points remaining, and today is the last day of my eating week

i won't lie; part of my eating success is because i had late/low point breakfasts all weekend. i just wasn't hungry so i ate less, and i didn't eat in the first (three) hour(s) that i was awake. something about weekends shuts down my hunger... eating later meant that i wasn't as hungry when "dinner" rolled around so eating smaller (well... correct) portions filled me nicely. yesterday was the only day i kinda cheated. i had mini cookies for breakfast (only 1/3 of a serving) because i didn't feel like making anything. i didn't eat immediately after getting off the treadmill because i stopped being hungry about 10 minutes beforehand. i wasn't ravenous the whole time; it was about a 15 minute period towards the end. two hours later, i was downing an extra lean burger so it was all good in my book

last night, i told myself i was gonna get up at 7am to walk again. what did i do? slept til 8ish, and i'm still sitting here in my pjs at almost 10am. oh well. i'll walk after work instead since this morning was a bust. i would rather walk in the mornings to get it out of the way, but it's going to take a bit more effort to stay on ball. perhaps tomorrow will go a bit better; it's my late day so i have an extra hour at home to do whatever i need 

how did y'all survive the holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment