June 14, 2010

0.2 down

sorry for being a bit absent last week. i've been busy/exhausted/unmotivated to blog. it was weird, but i'm back :)

so this loss wasn't huge, but it was good. i'm still sticking to the komen training plan fairly well. i have to thank my awesome new shoes for that. i have had them for a couple weeks, and they're getting good use. i only wear them for trainings cause i don't want to wear them down too much. but i think they're well broken in at this point. they were a bit tight at the ankles (causing blisters), but now they're super comfy. just in case, i bought bandaids to protect the areas prone to blistering - back of my ankles and bottoms of my little toes. the last thing i need is a new sports bra cause the ladies have a bit too much jiggle for my liking at the moment. thanks to britt, i'll probably be getting a bra (or two) from title nine in the near future :)

even without the boob immobilizer, i survived my first outdoor training walk. i've only been walking on the treadmill at home because our community is not that large. i walked outside twice (before my new shoes came in), and reached where the side walk ends. there and back was slightly over three miles, and we're starting to get into the over five mile walks. plus my old shoes are "recovery" shoes with no backs. i've had them for around four years so theyre majorly worn down and rub my heels far too much for these trainings. i was at J's for the weekend and decided i was still going to get my training in. i was there the weekend before too, but i didn't do much of anything. it kinda helped that he was working the whole weekend so i couldn't use him as an excuse :p saturday was a seven mile day; sunday was a six mile day (i skipped it). i checked google maps to determine how far down i'd have to walk before turning around. unfortunately, my pedometer disagreed so i walked farther to close the gap between the two distance calculations. fun thing though: i found a community pool lol. really wish i'd brought my suit cause saturday afternoon was perfect for lounging by a pool... but whatever. i had to take two breaks on the way back because i was starting to get exhausted... plus i was super parched... then my ipod died. so i had to walk the last two miles listening to just the traffic passing by me. not having any sort of distraction made it that much more excruciating. somehow i made it home without collapsing or getting hit by a pickup truck (or kidnapped). i promptly took a nap under the a/c when i got back. when i woke up, i was completely unmotivated to go through with the rest of my plans for the day. i did manage to eventually shower, get to the grocery store and make dinner

speaking of groceries and dinner, i did some mad planning for my weekend with J. i took the opportunity to maximize on his limited cooking resources, and made two quite yummy dinners. i did forget my griddle so my pancakes breakfast on saturday didn't go as well as i would've liked. he still enjoyed his blueberry pancake rollup made on the foreman grill :p breakfast on sunday was a no go since he had to get up early and we stayed up saturday talking. still had dinner. i stopped at whole foods after work friday to get the essential organic/healthy stuff i wanted: salmon burgers (on sale woot!) for saturday and chicken breast for sunday. he enjoyed all of it (especially the whole foods cornbread lol). as much as i hate cooking in general, i'm starting to like cooking for him. nothing like a happy belly to boost your culinary confidence. also, because i cooked, i didn't need all of my weekly points to cover the weekend like i did the week before (cook outs are just too yummy). i earned 10 activity points and i have 22 weekly points to last me today and tomorrow. not sure if it'll show on the scale, but i'm feeling pretty good today. my calves are still killing me, i'm a smidge too tired and at this exact moment i'm thinking about eating several gigantic wraps for dinner... BUT i've accomplished some really good things in the last week. here's to keeping it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment