April 19, 2010

3.6 down

so i may have overexerted myself a bit, working out almost everyday from the 4th through 15th. my knees did not take too kindly to that, but i don't care. the weight needs to come off; last week i managed to shed my gain and then some. so i'm ecstatic, even though i felt like an 80 year old for several days. my knees are feeling much better... probably due to the fact i haven't worked out since wed morning. lots of people in town last week so fitting everything and everyone in got a little overwhelming. J: tues to thurs, L: wed to fri, HB: tues to sun, PB: fri only, K&J: sat to sun and SB: sat only. there was lots of eating out (including take out) and drinking over the week. we did some walking too, but not enough to make a dent in the crazy eating. i start up again tonight

first up, wii active. i'm disappointed in it's progression, but i like that it awards me trophies. it's like i'm competing with the wii, and i love competition. i've actually thought about restarting my "give yourself money for sticking to your goals" reward system. this time it would get a bit more tangible because i started an account with smartypig. my "savings" account has become more of a back up checking account so i needed a new place to store funds. i haven't fully fleshed out the idea though; can't decide what the dollar amounts should be or what i should work towards. when i do, i'm sure i'll update y'all. gotta stay accountable :)

next up, revabs. did i mention i won a blog challenge? probably not because it was forever ago, and i kinda forgot with all the other stuff going on in my life. way back when, christina over at my love bugs hosted a 16 week weight loss challenge. i won that challenge :D i'd like to thank my dedication to things i say im going to do and the spirit of competition. i was most happy because i actually stuck with it through 16 weeks, when a lot of people dropped off (including my roomie :p). i also want to thank christina for putting together the challenge because it was just the motivation i needed at the time. my prize for sticking with it was my choice of a beach body workout. i chose the revabs because my abdomen is my biggest problem area. it came in the other day, and i'm excited and nervous to crack it open. i want to pace myself though so i'm holding off until i finish the 30day challenge on the wii (see? commitment). right now, im targeting may 1st to pop that baby in for the first time and start paying myself to workout ;)

lastly, walking walking walking. N and i are doing a modified training schedule for the walk for the cure. we both felt A's was a bit intense so we adjusted it using the susan komen suggested schedule. i pushed back my training to next week to accommodate my wii-ing, which already includes walking and cross training. once i'm completely done with the active stuff, revabs and turbo jam will become my cross training workouts. i already love turbo jam so it'll be easy splicing it in motivationwise

the upcoming weeks are going to be busy busy busy, but with proper scheduling (ie not lying in bed for two hours for no reason every morning), i think i can keep it all together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment