March 24, 2011

1.0 up

can't catch a break. ironic that this week's discussion topic was about mistakes and setbacks. we mostly focused on mistakes. i, of course, was focused on my setback. i ate way more than i should've over the weekend. i didn't do my sunday workout like i'd planned... add to my sucky mood: one set of achy back muscles, three parts thunderstorms and a pinch of pontential for spring snow in the DMV. shake in airtight container so that contents build up pressure. open lid at own risk

at least i have some fun things to think about as well. i survived bikram yoga. my back ached horribly yesteday; my shoulders are still tight today. however, my knee? the one i kinda fucked up during the komen walk? NO pain. i had some pain/discomfort in my knee and ankle during yoga, but nada since. sooo i may be going back for more. mostly because i think i can work out my knee issues to counteract all the strain i put on it from other activities. also because i think it'd be a great way to sweat out the excess water weight during my period. for anything else, i'm still not a huge yoga person... tonight, i have kickboxing and cooking class. so excited! my joints and muscles will probably hate me again, but i have been dying to take a kickboxing class for AGES. i'm leaving work early just so i have as much time as possible to get there. curse my having to drive through the city on a weekday evening :p luckily, cooking class is right down the street from the gym. afterwards, i'm hightailing it home for the second half of #wwchat. thank god for thursdays. that chat saves my sanity so much :)

the other fun thing on my plate? a mac and cheese challenge. J says some random place has the best baked mac he's ever had. i plan to fix that. first step: buy ramekins for making small batches. second step: ... third step: profit

oh wait... that's my business plan for stealing underpants.....

my requirements: weight watchers friendly, no gross filler (eg cauliflower - i won't eat albino broccoli!). J's requirements: delicious... well he may have other stipulations, but so far his main goal is yum. i can't really argue with that though :) who wants to eat low fat, fiber filled baked ick? not i, said the pig. so the hunt is on for baked mac recipes. if you'd like to contribute, i am not opposed to stealingutilizing your great granny's secret recipe from the old country. feel free to leave a comment, shoot me an email or link me on twitter. it's an amusing undertaking since i've never attempted to make the best anything. i'm oddly looking forward to it :) i may even add this challenge as one of my spring fever goals...

1 comment:

  1. "who wants to eat low fat, fiber filled baked ick?" made me LOL! Sorry, the only mac-n-cheese recipe I have is for Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (my kids' fave!) and I'm thinking you're not wanting the powered, processed cheese stuff, right? *wink* Good luck to ya!

    ReplyDelete