February 3, 2011

1.0 down

between my basic counseling class and weight watchers meeting this week, i've been doing a lot of thinking. and, of course, i've forgotten the specifics of those thoughts. i may start taking notes on everything just so i don't forget in the future :) something in the weight watchers meeting reminded me of what we talked about in class. and i wanted to make note of it in my class journal. maybe it'll come back to me later... lol so yay. i lost a pound. i'm 0.6 away from where i was three weeks ago when i had that huge loss. if i drop another pound this week, i'll hit 65 total with 3.2 remaining. i may be in for another big drop next wed, but it's hard to gauge. this is usually my up week so i'm assuming i had a drop last week with a gain this week (thank you water retention). but, having not weighed in, i'm not 100% sure it's safe to make any assumptions about this week's performance in relation to other weeks. i'm trying not to fret about it, but i hate not knowing. i'm going to try to remember to weigh in on the wii this week to see how things go day to day. now on to more fun things :) here's what i've made in the last couple weeks

spiced carrot soup

[original recipe]

my adjustments: nixed the sour cream, which did not affect the total points per serving. i also made a double batch since i was trying to use up my buttermilk

my notes: i really like this soup, and i think it would be so delicious in a breadbowl. a couple times i tore up half a bagel instead of crackers to add in. excellent for a cold day :) beware of the carrots though. apparently, they stain everything; clean up was less fun than usual

cream of potato soup

[original recipe]

my adjustments: i didn't add the chive garnish since it was just me... only change made :D

my notes: this was an ok soup. potato soup isn't really my fave, but i decided to give it a try. i was over it after a few days. maybe next time i'll make it when we have company to keep leftovers to a minimum

lemon chicken with broccoli

[original recipe]

my adjustments: i sliced the chicken after cooking it instead of before. i also added extra flour because my sauce didn't seem to be thickening. i have yet to get the hang of sauces

my notes: surprisingly good. we all know i'm not big on chicken, but this combo worked really well together. definitely will be adding this to the recipe box for the future

not too shabby on the cooking front. i may be becoming a bit of a foodie... or just a less reluctant chef :p

2 comments:

  1. Ooo..that lemon chicken and brocolli soup sounds great! I'll be trying that one out! I love potato soup but only a bowl or two, after that I'm done with it!

    Good job on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, shannon! i think the awesomeness of the lemon chicken is that it wasn't too lemon-y. i like lemons, but sometimes you just want a hint. not a smack in the face lol

    ReplyDelete