January 17, 2011

week3 #WWW

Life's Journey with a Smile

this week's questions:
  1. What have you done this past week to help you achieve your goals?
  2. Do you find that your motivation/mood changes in the winter? If so, what do you do to help/avoid it?
  3. Do you have any advice for your fellow challengers on staying on task?
  4. What day{s} of the week/month do you find it difficult to stay on task/motivated?
  5. Fun Question of the Week: If you were going on a road trip {longer than a day} who would you take with you? Where would you go?
question 1: well... i eated my veggies, i cooked two new recipes and i had a huge loss. i did not get my cardio on this week. i was exhausted wed so i skipped the morning, intending to work out in the evening. that also didn't happen. same as thursday evening, saturday morning and yesterday. absolutely no motivation. even with my brand new wii workout games. sad, but true. the veggies are getting a wee easier since the recipes i've tried have included one serving. yea, potatoes aren't the best veggie, but they're still veggies. i also managed not to go too overboard with drinks. i went out twice, only having one full drink both times. i also had a shot on saturday, but i declined follow up rounds

question 2: my motivation changes throughout the year so i don't notice any particular change associated with the winter. the week before my period is the hardest because i'm always tired and cranky. if i'm annoyed enough though, i work out my frustrations with the wii or treadmill. did not happen this time around *shrug* i think not having a gym membership helps me in a weird way. i've stocked up on stuff to work out at home so it's less hassle when i actually do want to workout. sometimes having to change clothes, drive to the gym and hunt a machine was enough to kill my motivation. two factors eliminated decreases my self-sabotaging most days

question 3: making lists works for me. i know some people have been talking about that, too. i write in my planner what i want to accomplish each day, and cross things off as i go. i also keep sticky notes on my home laptop (thank you, windows7) with an overall list of tasks. i delete each item as i do it :) plus visual aids, of any kind, are a big one for me. i'm more likely to pay attention to things i can see in front of me. sometimes just laying out my workout clothes is enough to get me in them and on the treadmill after work. i also love my weight watchers charts because i can see how far i've come and how far i have to go whenever i need a reminder

question 4: sundays! even though the weekend is one never ending lazy day, i am more likely to get shit down on saturdays. i'm a huge football fan so the last few months have been full of football sundays. i spend most of the day, on the couch in my jammies. so saturdays have become my get shit done days. any cooking, cleaning and laundry have to get done then or they won't get done at all

question 5: funny you ask: neal, cross country. we're taking two weeks this summer for a roomie/bestie road trip. we haven't decided when, where or how, but we're doing it. it's going to be awesome... or one of us may not come back alive ;)

{i am going to kick some ass this week because i can't reach my goals by sitting on my own}

my progress plus all the weekly questions on skinny (goals 1-4) and desultory (goals 5-10)

2 comments:

  1. I use Windows7 too, and I *love* the sticky notes. My desktop is usually covered in them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah mine are slowly taking over my desktop, too <3

    ReplyDelete