March 16, 2010

susie homemaker

or not :p

i hate cooking intensely; i get it from my mom i think. we're slow cookers, and nothing ever goes quite right. i, being a perfectionist, get extremely discouraged. don't know why, but baking is a totally different experience. owning a kitchen aid stand mixer is like my dream (i refuse to get one until i get married cause that's just how i roll). problem: i need to cook/eat at home more. and not just half meals. im falling back in to my old habits of eating tiny ass meals consisting of a side dish (or snacks like cheese with crackers) because it's easy. N and i have something of an agreement about cooking, but we've yet to really implement it. he's got a million cookbooks, and i have tons of recipes at my disposal. yet we never utilize them. he never knows what to make; i never know what i want. once we get the kitchen set, i think that is going to change rapidly. im going to start scouring N's books for yummy sounding recipes, and checking the weight watcher's friendliness. i can make adjustments as necessary (so far recipes i've altered have not lost their yum factor :)) which is a big plus. to keep me honest, i might post recipes we try each week. cause the goal is to use at least one new recipe a week. possibly more depending on how long each takes to make and how much leftover we have afterward.

i'm definitely anxious. i'm picky and hate trying new things. but i know this is something i/we need to do. thank god for the men in my life though. N and J both cook so if i play my cards right, i'll never have to cook for myself ever again :)

ps - yesterday was not marvelous. all the fucking gloom made me grouchy. however, this has been a super awesome tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment