May 18, 2009

The skinny

I finally reached my breaking point regarding my weight so I joined Weight Watchers. Instead of harassing my friends with my progress, I'm sharing it with you Internets. I hope you enjoy...

I started the program at almost 200 lbs. As I'm only 5', that's not a very good thing. I've been super lucky
not to have any weight related (or other) health problems. But I know it won't last forever - mom is diabetic, dad has high cholesterol/blood pressure. Rather than wait until it's too late, I decided to do something now. I joined on April 19th and have lost 3.6 lbs thus far. I don't think I actually look much smaller, but I perceive myself as smaller. My clothes seem to fit a little bit better which helps the illusion and keeps my motivation up. Plus my best friend keeps calling me a skinny bitch, which I find hilarious. I am by no means skinny, and I don't honestly think I ever will be. I just want to be healthy and happy.

I think I can accomplish that much.