January 7, 2011

0.6 down

and i celebrated by eating the last of the oatmeal raisin cookie dough. ok, well i wasn't really celebrating the loss. i was just trying to get my points in for the day. while contemplating my "dinner", which consisted of tortellini, kraft mac and cheese and the cookie dough, something hit me. once classes start, 3 days a week i will not be home until after 8pm. i'm a little sad and a lot nervous about that. i'm also a tiny bit further motivated to cook weekly. if i cook something over the weekend, i won't have to worry about cooking at 9pm after class :) yay for already portioned meals and leftovers. the downside is i need to cook twice a week to feed myself all seven days. right now the plan is to make sat my domestic days: cooking, cleaning and watching my stories ;) sun will be my library days (once football is over naturally). conveniently, most of the meals i pull serve four so i should have food sun through wed (mon through wed being my late nights). this means cooking on thurs for thurs to sat. not looking forward to that. i do have plenty of recipes, but some of them are a bit time consuming. and it typically takes me twice as long to prep stuff as it would a normal person. at happy hour last night, leslie helped me decide on my first two recipes: creamy sweet potato soup for lunch and slow roasted salmon with potatoes for dinner. i added penne with spinach/sun dried tomatoes and slow cooker chicken curry with quinoa to cover the rest of the week. tonight will be a big shopping trip; tomorrow i'll be making everything except the penne. the penne only needs about 30 minutes total. of course, i've already modified all the recipes to my tastes and needs. i don't think i ever just use the recipes as written :) wish me luck cause, goal #2, it is ON

1 comment:

  1. Not knowing much about the WW plan, what happens if you don't eat all of your allotted points? My plan is calorie-only driven, so I have a daily budget of calories I can eat and I shouldn't eat more. Voila. Simplicity at is best (which is perfect for me, lol). Can you email me at just1heather@gmail.com? I'm curious and too lazy to look it up for myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete